Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Notification of workflow supervisor - Errors

ryanbcg7
Level 2
Level 2

When we try to use the OOTB notification of workflow supervisor we encounter delivery errors, specifically:

Error while compiling script 'content htmlContent' line 6: dataSource is not defined. SCR-160012 JavaScript: error while evaluating script 'content htmlContent'.

Trying to preview the delivery template:

Error while evaluating document

JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'content htmlContent' line 6: dataSource is not defined.

SCR-160012 JavaScript: error while evaluating script 'content htmlContent'.

We made a copy of this for testing and pulling out all of the dataSource. variables allows us to send an alert, but obviously that's not exactly helpful to send an empty alert. This exact same issue was brought up in a different forum a long time ago, no resolution is listed though. Error notification in V6

Has anyone encountered this issue or does anyone have a suggestion?

1 Accepted Solution
ryanbcg7
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

The issue has been resolved. The problem was the "Do not import recipients into the database" dialog box was checked. We couldn't uncheck it, that was the only difference between the production instance and the sandbox I was comparing it to. To fix it, we changed the value in the delivery form from true to false and, viola, the box could be unchecked, we could change the destination mapping for the flowchart id column and the OOTB template now works.

1804207_pastedImage_0.png

1804256_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Replies
Jonathon_wodnicki
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi,

The datasource var is dynamic, mapping to the notification activity in a workflow.

To preview dynamic values such as datasource or targetData, use seeds.

Thanks,

-Jon

ryanbcg7
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

This is for the pre-configured alert on a workflow failure (notifySupervisor technical delivery template), there isn't a notification activity in the workflow itself to actual configure. In the workflow properties this is set for the failure notice. Any pre-configured template that uses a dataSource. variable fails. I'm looking as the config-<instance>.xml file that has dataSource information in it, the name is set to default still with the other info populated. Other ACC instances I have access to are Adobe hosted so I can't access those config files, but they all use the exact same alert and the info populates without any errors.

From config-default.xml:

<dataSource name="default">

        <dbcnx encrypted="0" login="REMOVED" password="REMOVED"

               provider="Oracle" server="REMOVED"/>

      </dataSource>

Jonathon_wodnicki
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi,

Those share the same name, but are entirely different.

The dataSource var I was referring to maps to the approval activity for notifyTask template. For notifySupervisor it looks like arbitrary workflow fields, but should still work without intervention. This is breaking when a workflow errors and it tries to message its supervisors?

NB: Instance conf files are accessible by the user which the software runs under. To view in console UI, just logInfo(execCommand('cat /usr/local/neolane/nl6/conf/config-*')), or symlink out to sftp or web resources.

Thanks,

-Jon

ryanbcg7
Level 2
Level 2

Correct, I set up a workflow to fail (no logic in a query) so we could see the alert to make sure it works. Now that I'm taking a closer look at this instance compared to another, I see a working instance has Population from a file in the To line and this non-working instance has a specific set of email addresses called out. When I look into the file it's referencing, the values are defined there and I can now preview the delivery. I can't send it still, but a preview of it works. I'll just keep messing around with it, this was clearly adjusted by someone though because it no longer matches the stock template.

ryanbcg7
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

The issue has been resolved. The problem was the "Do not import recipients into the database" dialog box was checked. We couldn't uncheck it, that was the only difference between the production instance and the sandbox I was comparing it to. To fix it, we changed the value in the delivery form from true to false and, viola, the box could be unchecked, we could change the destination mapping for the flowchart id column and the OOTB template now works.

1804207_pastedImage_0.png

1804256_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post