Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Newsletter - I need to create a generic address for the target mapping of my newsletter for a group of people

Level 5

Hello,

I need to create a newsletter in Adobe Campaign Classic for a group of 50 people that are external of my recipients and need to do a target mapping of those one. Is there an efficient way to create a generic address for the target mapping, containing those 50 people ? Are there documentation or examples to make such a task ? Do I have to create seed addresses  and or job import ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Thibault

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. create a list-group

dloyd_0-1638973619725.png

2.Import via Jobs

dloyd_1-1638973720632.png

During this import wizard you will map your list to the recipient table, and also place this data into an easy list-group that is reusable. Follow this documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/importing-and-exporti...

3. in a workflow use that read list (my_new_list) to start with to consistently or to add to your existing query's. 

let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Is there a reason why you don't want to create them on the standard recipient table? I would not go so far as creating another target mapping. You can create different recipient folders to separate them out. Is this group of 50 in a csv currently? If so a file import via jobs can bring that file in and you can choose the folder and list group to place them into. Also what do you mean by generic address?

Level 5

Hello @David_Loyd , Thank you for your answer. I currently have a csv file of 50 external with email, first name and last name. Generic address maybe a topic about seed address/seed template ? If there are documentation concerning this topic (importing the csv and create them with generic address/seed address) Thank you in advance.

Employee Advisor

What is the intended result you want? Do you want to send a copy of the email to this group of 50?

Level 5

I want to send a newsletter every month with the same targeting (50 external). I read previously it was possible with generic/seed address but I don't have any clue how to proceed since it's the first time I am using a list of external people.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

1. create a list-group

dloyd_0-1638973619725.png

2.Import via Jobs

dloyd_1-1638973720632.png

During this import wizard you will map your list to the recipient table, and also place this data into an easy list-group that is reusable. Follow this documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/importing-and-exporti...

3. in a workflow use that read list (my_new_list) to start with to consistently or to add to your existing query's. 

let me know how it goes.

Level 5

Thank you for the explanation and your time, seems clear to me