Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Multi step trigger campaigns in ACC

Level 2

Hi

I have gotten some input around the optimal way to build a trigger flow in Adobe campaign classic - that I would like to verify?

The construct of the campaign is to enroll approximately 50,000 customers on day one - and then take them through a trigger flow both 3 bursts - where there will be three email executions in each burst (with two or three days between the emails) - and there will be 30 days between burst one and two add 60 days between first two and three.

the campaign is essentially about getting these customers to sign up for an online service, show the flow will check for whether the actual customer has indeed activated and then (using exclusion) take them out of the flow.

So the gist of this is to have 1 trigger flow - through which the customers flow (with approximately 9 email deliveries) in total over a period of half a year.  

The input that I have been given is that Adobe campaign classic can't really handle this sort of campaign an I should split this out in a lot of separate trigger flows?

Is this really the case - I'm finding this a little hard to understand as it would indeed negate the whole idea of having a campaign platform that can help you do automated multi step campaigns ???

I hope that someone can provide input on this – many thanks in advance

Br  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @SørenKring ,

I don't know whether I got the problem correctly, but from what I understood, you will be sending 3 deliveries say a,b and c in each blast. Between each blast there will be 30d gap. You need to exclude the recipients that have registered on a particular service from the next email blast. Please check whether the following workflow skeleton matches your requirement.

Krishnanunni_0-1625833856903.png

Initially there would be a query to fetch the desired candidates. Then send deliveries a,b and c. Also after 30d, an enrichment would be executed from the same target. You can check whether the field corresponding to the online service registration have been filled or not in the refining condition of enrichment. Then the AND join causes the entire transitions to wait until the 30d enrichment transition is ready. Make the enrichment as primary set of AND join and then can send the next blast. Then the same kind of operations can be done to filter out the registered records from the third email burst. But I am not sure whether there would be any performance issues for keeping the worktable alive for so long.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @SørenKring ,

I don't know whether I got the problem correctly, but from what I understood, you will be sending 3 deliveries say a,b and c in each blast. Between each blast there will be 30d gap. You need to exclude the recipients that have registered on a particular service from the next email blast. Please check whether the following workflow skeleton matches your requirement.

Krishnanunni_0-1625833856903.png

Initially there would be a query to fetch the desired candidates. Then send deliveries a,b and c. Also after 30d, an enrichment would be executed from the same target. You can check whether the field corresponding to the online service registration have been filled or not in the refining condition of enrichment. Then the AND join causes the entire transitions to wait until the 30d enrichment transition is ready. Make the enrichment as primary set of AND join and then can send the next blast. Then the same kind of operations can be done to filter out the registered records from the third email burst. But I am not sure whether there would be any performance issues for keeping the worktable alive for so long.

Administrator

Hi @SørenKring,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

Hi @Krishnanunni and @Sukrity_Wadhwa 

Sorry for the late reply - I've been on vacation..

@Krishnanunni Yes, I do think that your reply (WF concept) does confirm, that it is indeed possible (contrary to what I had been told) - and yes, it will be interesting to see if ACC can handle a flow that runs over say 180 days - but why shouldn't it? 

@Sukrity_Wadhwa Thanks for following up!

BR

Søren

Level 4
@SørenKring, Yes! It should work. Once you had it working without any issues, could you please post here so that we all could know whether such execution would succeed or not?