Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Mirror page URL for multiple records.

Level 3

Hi all,

I am trying to get the mirror page urls for a large number of records and update the same in a table for reporting purpose. I have tried nms.delivery.GetMirrorURL() and successfully got the urls in a table. But the problem is it takes a lot of time to get the work done (approx. 90 mins. for around 8000 records). Can anyone suggest a more time efficient way to get these urls into the table (using a workflow). Below is the code i tried.

Code:

var sql1=" SELECT ibId,idId FROM "+vars.tableName;

var sql2= sqlSelect("collection,bId:int,dId:int",sql1);

var mirror;

for each (var sql2 in sql2.collection){

mirror = nms.delivery.GetMirrorURL(sql2.dId.toString(), sql2.bId.toString())

sql = "UPDATE "+ vars.tableName +" SET sMirror='"+mirror+"' WHERE ibId="+sql2.bId.toString();

logInfo(sqlExec(sql));

sqlExec(sql);

}

This code is written in a javascript activity in a workflow.

Regards,

Jayesh Bhanushali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Measure which call is slow here by stubbing out the GetMirrorUrl() call and see how long it takes to run.

• If sqlExec() is slow, check that ibId col is indexed in your table.
  • If GetMirrorUrl() is slow, replace it with your own js, it's just url-encoding cryptString('-1|<broadlog id in base16>|<delivery id in base16>').
  • Deleting the log-write line will also slightly improve perf.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Measure which call is slow here by stubbing out the GetMirrorUrl() call and see how long it takes to run.

• If sqlExec() is slow, check that ibId col is indexed in your table.
  • If GetMirrorUrl() is slow, replace it with your own js, it's just url-encoding cryptString('-1|<broadlog id in base16>|<delivery id in base16>').
  • Deleting the log-write line will also slightly improve perf.

Thanks,

-Jon