Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Inquiry regarding reusing A/B test target groups in new email delivery

Level 2

Dear all,

I have a question regarding reusing the randomly split groups used for one A/B test in another email delivery. 

Essentially an A/B test is carried out initially for one email delivery, and the target population is split into two groups for the A/B test. Now we want to reuse these split groups in another email delivery.

I wonder if this is possible. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Roxie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

There are many ways to skin a cat in AC.

In this case, you'll be looking for the recipient delivery logs (usually named nms:broadLog in standard set-ups)

Depending on your set-up you could select the targeting and filtering dimension as per below: _sqwgglz_1-1617882587600.png

then target the delivery ID (or label or internal name if they are unique enough) to select the correct delivery for them in your filtering conditions.

_sqwgglz_2-1617882674676.png

If not, you could write a query searching for the delivery logs starting from the recipient table. Something like:

_sqwgglz_3-1617882867366.png

Moreover, if you need all the data from the campaign itself, you could select the [delivery/@workflow-id] or [delivery/@operation-id] which would take into consideration any delivery present in the workflow, or any delivery present in the campaign, respectfully.

These fields are usually hidden though so will require displaying the advanced fields. Click here:

_sqwgglz_1-1617883298808.png

and voila!:

_sqwgglz_2-1617883341134.png

Note: I've added that the "Status = Sent" so removes any quarantined records;

and "Send a Proof = No" so you're only dealing with recipient records.

Hope this helps,

_sqwgglz

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Roxie423 

You can query the data from delivery logs on the basis of delivery code or delivery label and re-use the groups in another email delivery.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2
@Manoj_Kumar_ Could you elaborate on how to create that query? Thanks a lot

Administrator
Hi @manoj_kumar, Could you help @Roxie423 further with their problem? Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Level 1

There are many ways to skin a cat in AC.

In this case, you'll be looking for the recipient delivery logs (usually named nms:broadLog in standard set-ups)

Depending on your set-up you could select the targeting and filtering dimension as per below: _sqwgglz_1-1617882587600.png

then target the delivery ID (or label or internal name if they are unique enough) to select the correct delivery for them in your filtering conditions.

_sqwgglz_2-1617882674676.png

If not, you could write a query searching for the delivery logs starting from the recipient table. Something like:

_sqwgglz_3-1617882867366.png

Moreover, if you need all the data from the campaign itself, you could select the [delivery/@workflow-id] or [delivery/@operation-id] which would take into consideration any delivery present in the workflow, or any delivery present in the campaign, respectfully.

These fields are usually hidden though so will require displaying the advanced fields. Click here:

_sqwgglz_1-1617883298808.png

and voila!:

_sqwgglz_2-1617883341134.png

Note: I've added that the "Status = Sent" so removes any quarantined records;

and "Send a Proof = No" so you're only dealing with recipient records.

Hope this helps,

_sqwgglz

Administrator
Hi @Roxie423, Was this solution helpful to resolve your query? Do let us know. Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa