Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Increase maximum capacity of delivery

Level 3

Hello,

How can i see what the limit for us to send per hour is? When we send emails to let's say 50k customers we need some hours to deliver them. How can i increase the total amout sent per second? I am not using any waves scheduler at the moment so i don't understand why it is taking so long.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

How are you measuring the "7-8k per hour to 15k at maximum"?

If all deliveries are set to the same priority (0) that can certainly be the issue. Start applying priorities to all deliveries and see if that helps over the next week.

It won't hurt anything to submit a ticket to ACC support and ask them to have their deliverability team take a second look at the slow sending just to make sure all the of settings are correct in the email headers. In the same ticket i would also ask ACC support to check that MTA's are all functioning properly with an increase in volume.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

To answer your question directly the through put is list in Mail Rule Sets. See below screen shot. HOWEVER, you really shouldn't need to edit this. If you have having trouble at 50K you may have other issues.

I would recommend that you first start with changing the delivery priority. If you have 1000's of emails per day that could be one issue. Also take a look at how many other workflows and deliveries are processing at the same time. Do you have the Heat Map installed?

Lets say once you get a pulse on your total delivery and workflow volume and its low, then you may also want to look at your IP and sub domain reputation. Make sure those are good and all the SPF, DMARC, HELO DKIM records are good.

dloyd_1-1639662748240.png

dloyd_0-1639662613637.png

Level 3

Hello and thanks for answering.

The Mail Rule Sets seems set correctly (as standard).

I don't have any delivery priority unfortunately, i really don't know why (see screenshot).

We do have the heatmap and yes we are running many workflows, sometime we are running too much at the same time and we are looking into that too. But when i look at some previous deliveries where we sent 100+k emails (without waves or Wait nodes) i see that during late evenings/nights the volumes increase from 7-8k per hour to 15k at maximum, which it's still pretty low.

Should we check at SPF, DMARC, HELO DKIM directly with Adobe?

alberto_bodini_0-1639664144253.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

How are you measuring the "7-8k per hour to 15k at maximum"?

If all deliveries are set to the same priority (0) that can certainly be the issue. Start applying priorities to all deliveries and see if that helps over the next week.

It won't hurt anything to submit a ticket to ACC support and ask them to have their deliverability team take a second look at the slow sending just to make sure all the of settings are correct in the email headers. In the same ticket i would also ask ACC support to check that MTA's are all functioning properly with an increase in volume.

Level 3

I am measuring that looking at several send-outs. I look at the delivery logs (I tried to look at the "Delivery throughput" first but it is not working) and then i look at the distribution of values of @eventDate.

Alright thanks, I'll check with them too!