Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

in whicch cases we use continuous delivery and in wich cases we use recurring delivery?

Level 4

in whicch cases we use continuous delivery and in wich cases we use recurring delivery?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 ,

If you use continuous delivery and start the workflow, Single delivery will be created and it will add Delivery logs and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. So if your workflows run several times a day (for example, for every 15 minutes), best is to use a continuous delivery.

If you use a recurring delivery, each time the delivery activity executes, a new delivery will be created for each execution. For example, if your workflow runs once a day, after a week, 7 deliveries will be created. Each delivery of this will be having its own tracking log. So depends on your use case and reporting, you can choose the type of delivery.

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 ,

If you use continuous delivery and start the workflow, Single delivery will be created and it will add Delivery logs and Tracking logs on to that same delivery each time that the activity executes. So if your workflows run several times a day (for example, for every 15 minutes), best is to use a continuous delivery.

If you use a recurring delivery, each time the delivery activity executes, a new delivery will be created for each execution. For example, if your workflow runs once a day, after a week, 7 deliveries will be created. Each delivery of this will be having its own tracking log. So depends on your use case and reporting, you can choose the type of delivery.

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S

Level 6

Hello,
In order ot be more precise: you can use recurring deliveries in the case of Campaign module

Out of the Campaign module, you can use continuous deliveries

As for history, continuous delivery feature was created first and the main feature was to be able to have a type of delivery that can aggregate reports & figures on a triggered event.

the basic example is the "birthday delivery": customers wanted to have one single report instead of 365

Unfortunately continuous delivery should NEVER be employed in the case of campaign module as it is hardly release "operationMgt's token"

Recurring delivery feature has then be created in order to aggregate reports in a same operation.

This is not because you have campaign module installed that you HAVE to use recurring deliveries... Just be sure to use continuous deliveries OUTSIDE operations

Level 2

Hi @Laurent29! After reading your post I got more confused haha.

So, if I have a workflow that is going to be run everyday to send an email, and I want to get reports of that workflow, and also be able to exclude people who have received this email previously, I should opt for continuos or for recurring delivery?

Thanks in advance! 

Level 6

In fact, that depends of your type of implementation:
basically, ACC is set by default to keep 6 months of broadlogs... But in some cases (mine for example), I can only have 15 days of broadlog history because we're sending really high volumes.
So, if you have a "normal" broadlog history, you could just existing broadlogs to filter out recipients that already recieved this delivery over the last X months / days... Whetever if this is a continuous delivery or a "normal" one

Regarding the "report" itself, that depends of the kind of reports, you need: if those are the ones at deliveries or operations level, you need to understand what you want exactly. 

You could use a continuous delivery that will change its label / delivery code (or whatever) every weeks or month: it will then generate a new delivery on each of this period with its own reports ACC reports at delivery level

Level 2

@LaurentLam I was just reading through this thread, just wanted to verify does using a continuous or recurring delivery activity impact any retargeting that may occur via AA triggers?