Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Importing javascript into personalization block

Level 2

Hi there,

I have a question of how to import javascript that I have in the Adobe Campaign Classic to my personalization block. I tried to use "<%@ include file='javascriptTest' %>" to import, but the default pickup path seems not correct. So I am asking what is the standard path of the javascript path on the server for Adobe Campaign? (The path on the server which holds AC in our company is like ......./neolane/nl6/var/.....).

Or If I can not import the javascript from the file including method above, which way can I use to import a js as a library to our personalization block? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can't import js into personalization blocks, not the normal way. You can:

• Include another personalization block that has js
  • Include the js using the personalization tab of the delivery along with eval(@jsData) in your personalization block

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can't import js into personalization blocks, not the normal way. You can:

• Include another personalization block that has js
  • Include the js using the personalization tab of the delivery along with eval(@jsData) in your personalization block

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2
Hi, John, thx for the response, its useful. But I have a question of how to use the eval(@jsData) that you mentioned? Could you give sth like an example? I will really appreciate that, thank you !

Community Advisor
Sorry, it's js.data, which is the xpath for 'js' or whichever name is given to the js in the wizard. For the rest, object schema is xtk:javascript, table is no, path is /

Level 2
Hmm, so do you mean the Xpath of a js file in the schema? (Since the js files are stored in a table). Lets assume we have a js file which is called "test" in the xtk:javascript table, what the Xpath would be and be called from eval(js.data) ?