Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Import Recipient Table and Other Custom Table information via FDA

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

I am importing Recipient information by using FDA connector. My question is: is it better to link directly the Recipient table to the FDA Table Recipient (View) and change the Targeting Mapping or import the delta information via workflow and insert/update Recipient Table?

Thanks,

Luca

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe recommends the latter approach in general.

I would personally opt for acc to ingest recipient data and other kind of data can be kept at source and used on ad-hoc/scheduled basis.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe recommends the latter approach in general.

I would personally opt for acc to ingest recipient data and other kind of data can be kept at source and used on ad-hoc/scheduled basis.

Level 6

Hello @Luca_Lattarini ,
Best practice is to just "import" required data.
There are 3 main reasons:
1- performance is better on your local database: your WKF will 
2- when you create a schema (so queryable) through FDA, there is a lot of intrusive objects that are created on the external database
  a- AC will have to create the OOTB AC Stored Procedures (in order to have the query expressions to work)
  b- AC will also create work tables (WKFxxxxxx) on the external DB when running a workflow that involve an activity on the schema
  c- AC will connect to the external DB with the clean up and try to delete work tables + some lists... When 2 AC instances are linked in FDA, it can be a high risk if FDA accounts are not correctly set (tables from AC on server B that deletes required tables on server A)
3- having tables on different DB is less resilient: you do not just have a risk on your DB + network but also on each external DB involved + network route to your DB. If everything is on your AC DB, your workflow will run, even with outdated data