Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Identify opt-out delivery_id

Community Advisor

Hi all,

What is the best way to identify delivery_id from which customer started opt-out? I want to enrich each opt-out record from subHisto table with delivery_id from which customer done opt-out?

I assume that tracking data is needed for this. Note that customer can reiceive multiple deliveries from same or different service and I need to pick correct one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Milan,

Please use [url/@type] from nms:trackingLogRcp with value = optout in your Query activity.

That is for the unsubscribe link in a delivery that leads either to directly set nms:recipient.@blacklist to 1, or per blacklist per channel, or nly unsubscribe for a dedicated service (and so subHisto data) if you define a webApp for questioning about unsubscribe reasons or unsubscription from specific services.

But there is another use case, it is when the contact unsubscribes by using the client mail functionality instead the unsubscribe link.
So the feedback_loop process sets the recipient.blacklist automatically.

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi ,

*Thinking out loud*

In delivery schema under indicator there is one attribute

<attribute desc="Total count of clicks on the unsubscription link" label="Opt-Out" name="optOut" type="long"/>

This calculates total count of click on Unsub links, So if you use this and build you logic like

if indicators/@optOut >0, select deliveryID .

Thanks,

Kapil

Community Advisor

Hi Kapil,

this is helpful but this is on delivery level.
Right now, in the join, there is one customer with three deliveries where @optOut>0 therefore what to choose?

Regards,

Milan

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Milan,

Please use [url/@type] from nms:trackingLogRcp with value = optout in your Query activity.

That is for the unsubscribe link in a delivery that leads either to directly set nms:recipient.@blacklist to 1, or per blacklist per channel, or nly unsubscribe for a dedicated service (and so subHisto data) if you define a webApp for questioning about unsubscribe reasons or unsubscription from specific services.

But there is another use case, it is when the contact unsubscribes by using the client mail functionality instead the unsubscribe link.
So the feedback_loop process sets the recipient.blacklist automatically.

Regards
J-Serge