Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to set validity for a PDF attached in email delivery template ?

Level 3

Hi Team,

Can anybody suggest me a way to set a validity for a pdf attached in the email delivery template in Adobe Campaign Classic?

I have tried adjusting the 'Resources validity limit' in the delivery properties of a template as shown in the screenshot below. It was observed that post the expiration of resources validity limit, the mirror url expires but I was still able to access the images and PDF attachment in the email delivery.

1779033_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Anushka

5 Replies

Level 3

Never done this, but was thinking about the options..

How are you attaching the PDF? If you are using calculated PDF, then you should write another job which will move/remove the pdf from the designated folder once the data arrive. You should be able to use JS File class to remove/copy the file. If it make sense, use the lastModified property to determine when to remove a pdf file.

I think same you should be able to do for images, but is more tricky to locate I believe.

Level 3

Hi Aalokitoaami,

I have a hybrid implementation in place wherein I don't have access to the mid sourcing environment.

Once the attachment is embedded in the email delivery template, it gets hosted on the mid sourcing as well. I tried deleting the copy from marketing instance but the copy on the mid sourcing end still persists due to which the pdf attachment does not expire.

Regards,

Anushka

Level 4

Hi Anushka,
AFAIK PDFs are stored on email server i.e. on hosting server(gmail.com,yahoo) and not on Adobe server. Hence you cant control its validity via adobe campaign.

Regards.

Level 4

HI Aalokitoaami,

Do you have any idea where the final files are generated in adobe server?

I searched few folders but they were not there e.g./var, /res etc.

Any idea how we could search themRegards

Level 3

Hi,

I have saved the PDF file on the frontal server and later this PDF file was embedded within the html content and not as an attachment.

Kindly find below piece of code for the same:

1779048_pastedImage_0.png

The PDF file is still accessible even after deleting it from the frontal server.

I would also like to know if we can invalidate any file (For eg: images, .pdf, .csv, .txt, .xlsx, etc) after a specified amount of time ?

Regards,

Anushka