Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to send Alert to non-operator

Level 2

Hi,

Is it possible to use the "Alert" activity in a workflow to send the alerts to non-operators or groups. I have few stakeholders who I'd like to send the alerts but they are not set as  operators in the AC.

Unfortunately, the delivery template which Alert activity uses i.e "alertAssignee" is based on the xtk:operator schema and only accepts either "Operator" or "Operator group".

How do I send Alert to someone who is not an operator?

PS: I've already tried adding the email address as "Seed Address" in the "alertAssignee" delivery template thinking it would send a copy to the seed address and would solve my purpose. But, apparently, the delivery is getting failed with the error:

30/01/2019 12:51:49        DLV-490006 Error while adding 2 message(s) out of 2 targeted.

30/01/2019 12:51:49        color:#333333;          text-transform:uppercase;      '

30/01/2019 12:51:49        XML-110018 Error while parsing XML string '<?xml version='1.0'?> <dataSource><id>91180</id><title>Alert Title</title><message>&lt;HTML&gt;    &lt;HEAD&gt;       &lt;STYLE&gt;          .reportTitle{          padding-left:10px;          font-size:16px;          font-weight:bold;          color:#004165;          font-family:Roboto-Bold;          }          table{          color:#000;          }          body{          color:#000;          }          .reportHeader{          font-size:14px;        

30/01/2019 12:51:49        (40:25) : The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'message'

When I remove the seed address from delivery template, it works fine and sends an alert to the operator assigned in the Activity.

The strange thing is - As and when I add seed address in the delivery template, it gives me the XML parsing error, but when I remove the seed address, it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Add them as operators, then disable them.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Add them as operators, then disable them.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

To clarify, disabled operators are still able to receive alert activities?