Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to read exportToAAM activities data from javascript?

Level 2

I am trying to access exportToAAM activitiy data inside a javascript block, but I am unable to do so. Here is my code:

var groupQuery = "SELECT iWorkflowId FROM XtkWorkflow";
var groupsXML = sqlSelect(
  "collection,iWorkflowId:int", 
   groupQuery
   );

for each(var group in groupsXML.collection){
  var wkf = NLWS.xtkWorkflow.get(group.iWorkflowId);
  logInfo(wkf.activities.exportToAAM.label);
  logInfo(wkf.activities.exportToAAM[0].label);
}

I have also tried to query mData and read it as an DOMDocument, but didn't work either. I feel like activities/exportToAAM is not being returned in the XML.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vitor_d 

Just tried your code and I think where is the problem : you use the "get" method instead of the "load" method to have your workflows.

I didn't know it, but the 'get' method doesn't load the workflow the same way as the 'load' one (the only difference I was aware of is the 'load' method needs to use the 'save' method to save changes, as the 'get' doesn't).

Can you change the line

NLWS.xtkWorkflow.get(group.iWorkflowId);

to

NLWS.xtkWorkflow.load(group.iWorkflowId);

That way I got result.

Let me know if it's ok ?

Thank you,

Cédric

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vitor_d 

Just tried your code and I think where is the problem : you use the "get" method instead of the "load" method to have your workflows.

I didn't know it, but the 'get' method doesn't load the workflow the same way as the 'load' one (the only difference I was aware of is the 'load' method needs to use the 'save' method to save changes, as the 'get' doesn't).

Can you change the line

NLWS.xtkWorkflow.get(group.iWorkflowId);

to

NLWS.xtkWorkflow.load(group.iWorkflowId);

That way I got result.

Let me know if it's ok ?

Thank you,

Cédric

Level 2
Amazing! Thank you so much for the help! It worked perfectly!

Administrator

Hi @vitor_d,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa