Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to handle a file with double pipe || delimiter in data loading file activity ACC

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement for data import flows where in the import files are delimited with double pipe ||.

Sample as below

ratika_0-1618066173994.png

Can anyone please help me handle this? I tried changing the delimiter as || in the data loading activity but that doesn't seem to work.

ratika_1-1618066265002.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Ratika,

You need to enable the option Consider the consecutive delimiter as one & need to give the single pipe as the column separator.

Below is the screenshot for reference. Hope this helps.

Amit694_0-1618226812645.png

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ratika

for delimiters one character is used in most cases.
Maybe someone will have better idea but I would suggest that you use only one pipe "|" as a delimiter. This will produce a lot of additional empty columns. Later in Enrichment node just pick the ones you need.

Regards,

Milan

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Ratika,

You need to enable the option Consider the consecutive delimiter as one & need to give the single pipe as the column separator.

Below is the screenshot for reference. Hope this helps.

Amit694_0-1618226812645.png

Thanks,

Amit

Administrator

Hi @ratika,

Were you able to resolve this query with any of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa