Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to export columns dynamically in the Data Extraction activity??

Level 1

i have a requirement where based on a condition certain columns needs to be exported into file in the data extraction activity.

I found that in the Edit XML of column export we have a node - exportcolumn where active= "true" for the selected columns (attached screenshot below). Can you provide how to go and edit the edit source to change the field active = "false"??

Please provide any alternative solution if any.

1812204_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I haven't used that tab, which is probably there for post-activity scripting.

You want to alter the activity's config in the init script under Advanced tab- path is activity.extraction.select.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Export the workflow, alter it in notepad, import it.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 1

Hi,

Actually i need to automate this process, as such whenever my filecode(column value) changes, i want certain columns to be selected for exporting. Can we do this process automated? Is there any other way to change the columns which needs to get exported?

I see an export modification script tab in the data extraction activity. Can you please let me know the use of it??

1812880_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Sparsh

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I haven't used that tab, which is probably there for post-activity scripting.

You want to alter the activity's config in the init script under Advanced tab- path is activity.extraction.select.

Thanks,

-Jon