Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

How to differentiate between Email Open by clicking Mirror Page URL and a Normal Email Open

Level 3

Is there any flag where we can identify that the Email Open record which is logged into TrackingLog is after clicking the Mirror URL inside a Email sent through Adobe campaign?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Sourav,

If I understand correctly you want to separate the actual open logs vs the open logs resulting from opening of mirror page.

If this is right , you can rely on the logDate to see if the open timestamp came before or after the mirror page opening.

if the open is before the mirror page click , then it's actual open and if it's after / at the same time of the mirror link opening then assume it to be from the mirror page.

Regards,
Adhiyan

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Sourav,

If I understand correctly you want to separate the actual open logs vs the open logs resulting from opening of mirror page.

If this is right , you can rely on the logDate to see if the open timestamp came before or after the mirror page opening.

if the open is before the mirror page click , then it's actual open and if it's after / at the same time of the mirror link opening then assume it to be from the mirror page.

Regards,
Adhiyan

Level 3

Hello Adhiyan,

Thanks for your time giving the response. I had created the similar work around. But we cant rely on that completely since there could be multiple Email Open activities across Inbox/Murl. Checked with version 6 and now using 7.0.18.10 (8984), seems there is no straight way to identify the particular record. Not sure about the latest version though.

Employee

Hey Sourav,

I can confirm there has been no major changes in this part of the application recently as well .

Regards,
Adhiyan