Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to automate a csv file export from a work to my computer hard drive ?

Level 2

Hi all,

I would like to automate an export of a csv file generated from a workflow to a folder in my computer hard drive. I’ve already created the data loading activity and exported into my computer, however to avoid to export it manually every day I would like to automate that task,  I don’t how to set up the transfer file activity.

Can someone please explain me how to do it ?

is there’s another way to do this I am also open to suggestions.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Terry25,

You can use 'Data Extraction' activity to create and export files automatically on SFTP. If you don't have access to SFTP then there is one a way to access the exported file, which is to send it to yourself as an attachment of an email delivery(if file doesn't contain sensitive data). It is always better and best practice to have an SFTP access if you want to access files, and avoid accessing files over email.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi Anita,

thanks your answer. I know the steps how to do it manually. I’m looking to automate it but not via an sFTP but just to export it automatically into a folder in my computer hard drive. 
Regards

Level 7

Hi Terry,

I don't think it is possible to export the files to your local using workflows. You can do it only manually.

Regards,
Anita

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Terry25,

You can use 'Data Extraction' activity to create and export files automatically on SFTP. If you don't have access to SFTP then there is one a way to access the exported file, which is to send it to yourself as an attachment of an email delivery(if file doesn't contain sensitive data). It is always better and best practice to have an SFTP access if you want to access files, and avoid accessing files over email.

Regards,

Community Advisor

Hello @Terry25 ,

The only way i see is to add the Delivery after your data extraction activity. That way you will have the daily updated file pushed ton your emails.

There is no direct way to drop file on your Hard drive.

Thanks,

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

Hi Terry,

I understand that your files you want to load is big in size, otherwise you will be attached to your email.

Your question depends on your work environment.
It is more simple when you are 'on premise', your IT support and you control the environment.
If you are in cloud, you have to go through an SFTP

'on premise' basic solution, commonly your Adobe Campaign server can access to a shared directory.

The idea is to share and map your computer.

On your computer folder, where you see you hard drive.
On Windows :
You can right click and add network location.
You do the same on Adobe Campaign Server.

Then in Adobe Campaign workflow, you can add folder you want to deposit your files \\shareFolder\specificFolder

Best Regards,
Alexandre Planchot

Level 2

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your explanation. I actually used to be able to export a file via a file loading activity by using a network drive starting with //

because I don’t have anymore network drives, I just wanted to know if I need to recreate one or if there’s a way to export the file a google drive ?