Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

How to access values stored outside "Direct mail delivery"?

Level 2

Does anyone know how to access values stored outside "Direct mail delivery"? I wanted to create a dynamic filename (as shown in below screenshot), based on timestamp happened before this component. I tried to access a variable defined in a js file that was loaded in loadLibrary(XXX.js), but it didn't recognize the variable; also tried to visit instance.vars.XXX, but still with no luck... Any solution for this?

1817126_pastedImage_3.png

8 Replies

Employee

Hi,

You can add data outside of the delivery from the included box on the right of the input box (see the screenshot below)

1817283_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Pulkit

Employee

pablo.rosero

Please move this thread to Adobe Campaign Classic.

Thanks,

Pulkit

Level 2

Hi Pulkit,

Thank for your response.

But if that means I need to create a dedicated column in target dimension to hold up the value, then I would rather treat it as a workaround: I could have 200 - 600 records in target dimension, in which case I may need to run a query to update all of them...

Thank,

David Zhang

Employee

Have you try something like this 'filname_ <%= vars.executionTimeStamp%>'? This is work as well.

Thanks,

Pulkit

Level 2

Not really, as what I wanted is a saved timestamp (in vars) when running a component, during the workflow run.

Anyway, currently I'm planning to address it in this way: create a fixed-name file (e.g. ABC.csv), then after it's done, use another JavaScript module to rename it to whatever I needed right away.

Thanks,

David Zhang

Employee

The example in my previous response is using a variable defined in the workflow.

This is a standard use case; please consider all your options before 'over-engineering ' your solution.

Thanks,

Pulkit

Level 2

Just tried, and got below error message:

"

The delivery has failed
XSV-350122 An error occurred and the process has been stopped. SOP-330011 Error while executing the method 'PrepareTargetImpl' of service 'nms:delivery'. DLV-490017 Error while computing the output file name. SCR-160012 JavaScript: error while evaluating script 'outputScript'. JST-310000 Error while compiling script 'outputScript' line 3: vars is not defined."

Thanks,

David Zhang