Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Getting the name of delivery used in continous delivery activity before sending an email

Level 4

Hi Team, 

i have a requirement where i need dto get the name of the delivery used in continous delivery component before it's execution :  like the image below in the javascript node i want the label of the delivery template which is used in continous delivery. Can anyone suggest 

Ramaswami_0-1590659602362.png

here is what i see when i query my workflow for deliveries and xml data : 

Ramaswami_0-1590684927404.png

hi kapil, 

Below are the results i am seeing when i use query def : 

i have two continous delivery components inside my workflow : 

Ramaswami_0-1590755160367.png

Ramaswami_1-1590755191239.png

i need this name inside the continous delivery : 

Ramaswami_2-1590755226767.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi ,

If you check the workflow XML all continuous delivery saved between <notification> Tag. Inside Notification tag there is one field name as "scenario-cs" . This field saves the label of the delivery template which that continuous delivery contains. 

So what you need to do is : 

xmldata is [queryDef of xtk:workflow]

var activityXML = xmldata.workflow.activities.notification;

for each (var child in activityXML)
{
logInfo("Retrieve fields value ->"+child.@label)
}

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @Ramaswami ,

Use can query the workflow schema via javascript and then pull the deliveries attached to that workflow to get the name/label for the delivery.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4
hi @ManojK, i have tried that but i am getting blank when pull the data. you can see in my screenshot attached in my question.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi ,

If you check the workflow XML all continuous delivery saved between <notification> Tag. Inside Notification tag there is one field name as "scenario-cs" . This field saves the label of the delivery template which that continuous delivery contains. 

So what you need to do is : 

xmldata is [queryDef of xtk:workflow]

var activityXML = xmldata.workflow.activities.notification;

for each (var child in activityXML)
{
logInfo("Retrieve fields value ->"+child.@label)
}

Level 4
Hi @Mvp, What i need to pull from queryDef, if you want me to pull the xml memo(data) i am seeing blank in xml memo column when i just wanted to test it by query activity. You can see my screenshot in my question.

Community Advisor
Hi Ramaswami, Any column you can fetch just to get the workflow XML.

Community Advisor
var query = xtk.queryDef.create( <queryDef schema="xtk:workflow" operation="select"> <select> <node expr="@internalName"/> <node expr="data" label="XML Memo"/> </select> <where> <condition expr="[@id]='7271'"/> </where> </queryDef>); var xmldata = query.ExecuteQuery(); var activityXML = xmldata.workflow.activities.notification; for each (var child in activityXML) { logInfo("Continous delivery Label ->"+child.@label) }

Level 4
Hi @kapil, I have used your query def and the results which are printing are the label of continous delivery component ( not the label of delivery template inside the contionus delivery component ). Please see my screenshot in the question and thanks for the code.

Community Advisor
Hi @Ramaswami, You need to use scenario-cs column for template label. As mentioned above. I gave you example of label column, just replace it with scenario-cs column.