Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

enumeration type = system

Community Advisor

Hello Everyone,

Just curious to know what is the purpose of enumeration type = System, and in which scenario we will be using this type as system.

Thanks!

ParthaSarathy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @ParthaSarathy - System type enumerations are fixed and can't be changed directly in the form field that references them. The Open type of enumeration can be added to by entering the new values into the form field directly if the field supports it.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/administration-basics...

Cheers
Darren

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @ParthaSarathy - System type enumerations are fixed and can't be changed directly in the form field that references them. The Open type of enumeration can be added to by entering the new values into the form field directly if the field supports it.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/administration-basics...

Cheers
Darren

Community Advisor

Hi @Darren_Bowers ,  Thanks for your response.

But what makes the difference between type=closed and type=system? because in type=closed also enumerations are fixed and can't be changed directly in the form field that reference them right!

Level 9
Hi @ParthaSarathy - thats a really good question that I dont have a direct answer for. If I was to guess, I would say it allows you to turn an Open Enumeration field to a System type enumeration without losing the additional settings for Open. That way you can turn it back to Open when you want to accept additions again. Its kind of like a Read Only setting for Open enumerations. Someone else here might have a better explanation Cheers Darren

Community Advisor
Hello, the differenc we can see between "system" and "closed" is that the "closed", very similar to the "open" but with not editable directly into forms, use the alias concept (with xtk:enumAlias schema) whereas the "system" doesn't use it. I think the system type is very technical, similar to the schema enumerations. And it could be an historical point (maybe there were only "system" and "open" before)