Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Dynamic Data Load Activity

Level 1

Team,

Is there a way to handle a dynamic input file i.e., the attributes in the input file keeps changing for every run ?

Ex:  

vikas_nagabhushana_0-1619138952815.png

Next runs: 

vikas_nagabhushana_0-1619139018162.png

vikas_nagabhushana_2-1619139062174.png

Data loading activity can handle a static file, so any pointers on how to handle a dynamic input file ? Is this even possible ?

Appreciate your responses.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vikas,

I would recommend submitting an enhancement as the data load activity doesn't handle file column changes automatically. The reason being is that it is expected that the data and file structure would be consistent in order to be able to insert this data into the database.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Vikas,

I would recommend submitting an enhancement as the data load activity doesn't handle file column changes automatically. The reason being is that it is expected that the data and file structure would be consistent in order to be able to insert this data into the database.

Regards,

Craig

Community Advisor

Hi Vikas,

The Data Loading file doesn't support dynamic input file.

If the file structure and dynamicness is relatively simple, you may load all of it in one string column and the use logic in your workflow to separate them into different columns.

Cheers,

Deb