Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Disable temp table creation for External FDA connections

Level 3

I am connecting to external SQL Servers using FDA. I need to run some basic filter criteria and pull the data. So I will be shared with a read only account and will not have any create table access.

So I am doing some groundwork and realized that the database connection made using FDA creates the temp workflow tables in the same way as the default database (example: wkf111329973_114_1). Then the data can be copied to the default database.

Is there a way I can instruct Adobe Campaign Classic just to ready the data instead of storing it into a temp table and then read and insert. Something that IBM Campaign (Unica) allows you to control

also does it try to create temp tables for Hadoop as well? I need to connect to Hortonwork Hive table for another requirement. I think even if I can get approval for the temp table for SQL Server, Hadoop will not allow any table creation into their space for sure.

Also is there any detailed documentation for external account which covers the advanced fields. Like what table and function prefix does? How does HTTP relay works? What are the functions created when you click on Deploy function and so on.

Really poor documentation covering only the basic stuffs

0 Replies