Can someone explain what's the difference between service/subscription, list and recipient folders?
I have been always using service/subscription for the recipients from different clients. My questions are:
Service/subscription, list and recipient folders are all the same idea, grouping recipients together, and can be used interchangeably and in combination with each other.
Service is the most feature-rich, integrating with mobile apps and sub/unsub pages. Recipient lists I've seen used as a form of permanent temp table, stashing populations to be transferred between workflows; e.g. a workflow to select population, then a separate one to apply complex suppressions, then an execution workflow. Folders would be more organizational, defining fixed populations by region or whichever business case.
The recipient table hosts recipients irrespective of how they're grouped.
I have requirement for "Channel Preference Update based on user engagement" by using Service and subscription. Could you please let me know your suggestions?
- There are two channels here ie Email/SMS.
- The subscription has to check whether its from SMS/Email.
- If the subscription comes from SMS, it should be 1 day check.
- If its more than 3 day check, the update field should be changed.
- And its revoked from SMS to Email.