Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Difference between service/subscription, list and recipient folders.

Level 4

Hi,

Can someone explain what's the difference between service/subscription, list and recipient folders

I have been always using service/subscription for the recipients from different clients. My questions are:

• Difference between service/subscription, list and recipient folders
  • Is it the best practice to use service/subscription for all the clients, we have over 100 clients
  • Can I use folder to store the recipients for 100 clients, and not using service/subscription?
  • If I use recipient folders to store the recipients,  are these recipients saved in the master recipient table in the database?
  • Can I use list? What's the use case for using list
  • I was told we can use folder and service/subscription at the same time, what's the use case?

Thanks,

Ed

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Service/subscription, list and recipient folders are all the same idea, grouping recipients together, and can be used interchangeably and in combination with each other.

Service is the most feature-rich, integrating with mobile apps and sub/unsub pages. Recipient lists I've seen used as a form of permanent temp table, stashing populations to be transferred between workflows; e.g. a workflow to select population, then a separate one to apply complex suppressions, then an execution workflow. Folders would be more organizational, defining fixed populations by region or whichever business case.

The recipient table hosts recipients irrespective of how they're grouped.

Thanks,

-Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Service/subscription, list and recipient folders are all the same idea, grouping recipients together, and can be used interchangeably and in combination with each other.

Service is the most feature-rich, integrating with mobile apps and sub/unsub pages. Recipient lists I've seen used as a form of permanent temp table, stashing populations to be transferred between workflows; e.g. a workflow to select population, then a separate one to apply complex suppressions, then an execution workflow. Folders would be more organizational, defining fixed populations by region or whichever business case.

The recipient table hosts recipients irrespective of how they're grouped.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 3

Hi,

I have requirement for "Channel Preference Update based on user engagement" by using Service and subscription. Could you please let me know your suggestions?

- There are two channels here ie Email/SMS.

- The subscription has to check whether its from SMS/Email.

- If the subscription comes from SMS, it should be 1 day check.

- If its more than 3 day check, the update field should be changed.

- And its revoked from SMS to Email.

Thanks,

Shama.