Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Difference between recurring and periodic campaigns

Level 1

AitanaAV_0-1654067986489.png

I have read the explanation before asking the question and to be honest I don't see a huge difference. In summary, the recurring campaign is based on a specific template configured to an scheduler, and a periodic campaign is based on a template configured to an execution schedule. For my perspective, the information is the same. Although I can see the periodic is set up automatically and the recurring campaign could or not could be set up automatically. 

Please, could you show me an example where you would use each one?

Regards, AAV

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AitanaAV

First I would like to inform you. I have never see any user of adobe campaign is using either recurring campaign or periodic campaign.

These create workflows and campaign object automatically. It is not best practice to setup these objects in prod instance. So be careful to use them.

Now what is difference. It basically depends upon how you want to use it.

1. For e.g. you have monthly reminder email. End of each month you want to send same email to user who did not paid their bill.

2. If you use the Recurring campaign, then it will create a new workflow (duplicate default workflow) automatically and run it. For e.g. this campaign start of the year, then by the end of the year it will create 12 workflows automatically there. To know how it does follow the documentation.

Create marketing campaigns | Adobe Campaign.

But there main point is, there is single campaign and workflows are creating under it.

3. But if you use a periodic campaign for above use case, 12 campaigns will be created.

So it depends upon you how do you want to mange and setup this, at the end recipient will receive the same email.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Parvesh.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @AitanaAV

First I would like to inform you. I have never see any user of adobe campaign is using either recurring campaign or periodic campaign.

These create workflows and campaign object automatically. It is not best practice to setup these objects in prod instance. So be careful to use them.

Now what is difference. It basically depends upon how you want to use it.

1. For e.g. you have monthly reminder email. End of each month you want to send same email to user who did not paid their bill.

2. If you use the Recurring campaign, then it will create a new workflow (duplicate default workflow) automatically and run it. For e.g. this campaign start of the year, then by the end of the year it will create 12 workflows automatically there. To know how it does follow the documentation.

Create marketing campaigns | Adobe Campaign.

But there main point is, there is single campaign and workflows are creating under it.

3. But if you use a periodic campaign for above use case, 12 campaigns will be created.

So it depends upon you how do you want to mange and setup this, at the end recipient will receive the same email.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Parvesh.

Level 1

Hello @Parvesh_Parmar ,

Many thanks for your explanation. I was thinking about what you have mentioned and I consider this is the only difference.

Thanks,

Aitana