Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Delivery Personalization - The count of message prepared is decreased

Level 8

Hi All,

Recently i have faced one issue with delivery personalization and the details below:

I have created a workflow with a delivery and added personalization blocks in the delivery and ran the workflow.

To sent: 500K

Processed: 500

Success : 498

The processed target audience is very less and never seen before this much less count (0.2 %).

In audit logs, we have seen a warning as below:

" DLV-490124 The count of message prepared (500) is less than the number of messages to send (500K). Most likely there is an issue with an outer join used to load personalization information. "

Anyone faced this situation and how we have to fix it?

Why the personalization information failed for almost 99% target audience ?

The message/email preparation  will happen in the server where MTA installed? (while personalizing the message body)

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Venu,

This may happen when you have several personalization combination for a contact. Please check your personalization definition.

Also, Try  by including duplicates in the "to" section of the delivery.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Kapil

Level 8

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your response.

We used to send several personalization blocks by adding in a delivery earlier but never faced this issue.

I'm not sure why we need to add duplicates in the "to" section and the target is high ~500K

Regards,

Venu

Level 8

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your response.

I'm facing exactly opposite scenario that COUNT OF MESSAGE PREPARED IS VERY LESS COMPARED TO TARGET AUDIENCE.

For better understanding i gave brief count details in the description.

Level 8

Can you please provide some inputs which helps me to avoid the same mistake in future campaigns

Amit Kumar-mm9Mvg

Adhiyan

Level 6

Hi,

Please check this

When a delivery fails, the following error can appear in the delivery logs: DLV-XXXX The count of message prepared (123) is greater than the number of messages to send (111). Please contact support.

Usually, this error means that there is a personalization field or block within the email that has more than one values for the recipient. A personalization block is being used and it is fetching more than one record for a particular recipient.

To solve this, check the personalization data used, and then check the target for recipients that have more than one entry for any of those fields. You can also use a Deduplication activity in the targeting workflow prior to the delivery activity to check there is only one personalization field at a time. For more information on deduplication, refer to this page .

Monitoring a delivery

Level 6

@Venu_Reddy  did you ever figure out what exactly is the issue for this?