Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Deleted deliveries

Level 2

Hello all,

We would like to be able to inform owners of deliveries whenever their delivery gets deleted.  So, even if the delivery is deleted intentionally or by mistake, every night a workflow will run and identify the owners of the deliveries.  A communication will be sent, informing the owners about their delivery getting deleted. 

Now, we know the delivery is moved to 'Deleted Deliveries' for which the internal name is 'nmsRecycledDelivery' but is there an easier way to see the contents of this folder?  The delivery table does not have a FolderID column inside of it.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Harshalt,

I notice my message was truncated when I wrote the boolean field was a true one.

(It is why the cleanup process selects the records with Yes and Recycled values).

Please see in xtk:common schema the enumeration values:

<enumeration basetype="byte" default="no" name="deleteStatus">

<value label="Non" name="no" value="0"/>

<value label="Oui" name="yes" value="1"/>

<value label="Recyclé" name="recycled" value="2"/>

</enumeration>

So,when you have just deleted deliveries, you see them in the folder nmsRecycledDelivery.
They first have the deleteStatus='recycled' values.

Please add the column deleteStatus in your folder configuration to better understand.

1312056_pastedImage_1.png

Regarding the Generic query tool, the problem is that for delivery schema dimension, the tool automatically adds a filter to not find the deleted deliveries, as you can see in the SQL query generated:

SELECT  top 201 D0.iDeleteStatus, D0.tsDelete, D0.sLabel FROM NmsDelivery D0 WHERE (D0.tsDelete >= convert(datetime, '20170927 00:00:00.000', 112)) AND (((D0.iDeliveryId > 0 OR D0.iDeliveryId < 0)) AND ((D0.iDeleteStatus = 0)))

Regards.
JS

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Harshalt,

Even though you could use the linked folder of the delivery, I strongly suggest you to use instead the deleteStatus "boolean" of the delivery (not a true boolean, but

Please read also this documentation, because some of the logical deleted deliveries are really deleted after some conditions filled, by the cleanup nightly process (usually at 4 am):

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC/en/PRO_Data_processing_Database_cleanup_workflow.html#Cleanup...

So you must send your notifications to deliveries owner before this cleanup task and perhaps, give to the owners some details about delay if undeleted is needed before the automated cleanup.

Regards.
J-Serge

Level 2

Hi J-Serge,

I couldn't find the deleteStatus in the delivery schema.  Can you help by showing where exactly it will appear?  We are on v7.

Regards,

Harshal

Level 10

Hi Harshal,

Please see below a screenshot but for AC 6.1.1 French version (hereinafter the Delivery list configuration, but you can do it in Schema Data tab also, or in Query activity on dimension Delivery, etc).
Type deleteStatus in search bar for displaying it in bold.1310688_pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps.
Regards
JS

Level 10

Tip: display Advanced fields by clicking on the icon on bottom right of the panel.

Level 2

Thanks JS.  I can now see the deleteStatus under deliveries.  However, using a Query box, whenever I specify the condition to list down all deliveries that are deleted (i.e. deleteStatus=Yes), I see no results.  This is despite there being a few deleted deliveries under Campaign Management / Deliveries / Deleted deliveries folder. 

Furthermore, when I list deliveries where Delete date or on after 02/08/17 (i.e. deleteDate on or after 02/08/17) , it lists a few deliveries.  When I add @deleteStatus as a next column to be viewed, I see a No (under Deleted) against all those listed.

deleteCriteria.PNG

result.PNG

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Harshalt,

I notice my message was truncated when I wrote the boolean field was a true one.

(It is why the cleanup process selects the records with Yes and Recycled values).

Please see in xtk:common schema the enumeration values:

<enumeration basetype="byte" default="no" name="deleteStatus">

<value label="Non" name="no" value="0"/>

<value label="Oui" name="yes" value="1"/>

<value label="Recyclé" name="recycled" value="2"/>

</enumeration>

So,when you have just deleted deliveries, you see them in the folder nmsRecycledDelivery.
They first have the deleteStatus='recycled' values.

Please add the column deleteStatus in your folder configuration to better understand.

1312056_pastedImage_1.png

Regarding the Generic query tool, the problem is that for delivery schema dimension, the tool automatically adds a filter to not find the deleted deliveries, as you can see in the SQL query generated:

SELECT  top 201 D0.iDeleteStatus, D0.tsDelete, D0.sLabel FROM NmsDelivery D0 WHERE (D0.tsDelete >= convert(datetime, '20170927 00:00:00.000', 112)) AND (((D0.iDeliveryId > 0 OR D0.iDeliveryId < 0)) AND ((D0.iDeleteStatus = 0)))

Regards.
JS

Level 2

Hmm, interesting.  Will have to look for some other way to notify the user once the delivery is deleted (even by mistake).  We tried using QueryDef too but it automatically adds the criteria that doesn't let you select deleted/recycled deliveries.

Regards,

Harshal