Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Data schema and input form cached on servers ?

Level 3

Hello,

Our architecture is based on 2 production servers both hosting a marketing instance, connected to the one database.

Sometimes, when importing data schemas with the import package wizard on one of the instances, it looks, like it is impacting the database correctly but not the marketing instance on which it was not imported. It looks to me that data schemas and forms are somehow cached somewhere on the marketing instance as files.

Do you know where/when/how? and how is it possible to securely erase the cache?

Thank you,

R.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I hope you do mean a single instance with 2 application servers connected to the same database, this is what composed an instance.

To answer your questions, yes the data schemas definition is cached on each of the application servers. Normally the daily restart to flush the cache and reload but if you have issues, you have to connect to each of the application server via Campaign Client Console and use the "Regenerate selected schemas" option from the Actions menu after having selected your data schema. This is refreshed the cache on the specific application server the Client Console is connected.

denisb91363072_0-1632311171836.png

By default the instance URL is the URL of the 1st application server.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I've faced something similar, but clearing the client's cache always solves the issue.

File --> Clear local cache

David__Garcia_0-1632144363781.png

Also, do you mean you have x2 unique mkt instances, each one connected to its own database right?

Level 3

Hello David, I mean 2 marketing instances connected to one unique database. Clearing local cache did not solve anything we had to import package of schemas from both marketing instances. So that's why I am guessing there are some kind of cached schemas on the marketing server.

Community Advisor

your setup is pretty interesting, do you have any schematic explaining your deployment type? It seems you are fully hosted? or at least hybrid?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I hope you do mean a single instance with 2 application servers connected to the same database, this is what composed an instance.

To answer your questions, yes the data schemas definition is cached on each of the application servers. Normally the daily restart to flush the cache and reload but if you have issues, you have to connect to each of the application server via Campaign Client Console and use the "Regenerate selected schemas" option from the Actions menu after having selected your data schema. This is refreshed the cache on the specific application server the Client Console is connected.

denisb91363072_0-1632311171836.png

By default the instance URL is the URL of the 1st application server.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

Thank you denis that's clear for me now I did not know about this Regenerate selected schemas function! Yes, I meant 2 app servers connected to the same database.