Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!

Data based workflow triggering options

Level 1

Hello All,

I am working on a requirement to trigger a notification on workflow failure without using Error Management to notify workflow supervisor(As this is dependent on the optional parameter set by workflow owner).

The simplest approach i could think of is

Using a scheduler, check the Failed status flag in xtk:workflow schema every X hours and trigger an email.

However, i am looking at options to trigger it in real-time.

Is there any option to trigger an action or signal to a workflow based on a change in status flag(in this case, change of failed status from No to Yes).

Is this achievable through attribute definition only in schema definition of xtk:workflow.

Appreciate your response to address this.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello there,

You can  run the workflow every minute and then send yourself an email.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

You could create your own workflow error management email delivery template and add only you as an intended recipient. Then specify the new template in your workflow

When workflow fails , it choose the custom template ( custom ) and trigger an notification email.

Level 1

i am looking at options to trigger it in real-time.

Is there any option to trigger an action or signal to a workflow based on a change in status flag(in this case, change of failed status from No to Yes).

Is this achievable through attribute definition only in schema definition of xtk:workflow.