Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Creating a countdown timer in HTML email

Level 1

Hello,

We need to implement a countdown timer in HTML email delivery. The conventional javascript code wouldn't work.

Instead of using a generator and insert an image into the HTML email like what one can achieve with https://www.sendtric.com/, is there a simple way to implement a countdown timer within the text? 

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,

Roxie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Roxie - We use Moveable Ink to do the same thing but it always ends up being a animated image to pretend to be a countdown timer. I doubt there is another way to do this as you can't execute code within an email body. Also be aware that Microsoft Outlook doesn't like animated images in emails so tends to display nothing unless you have a static fallback.

Cheers

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Roxie - We use Moveable Ink to do the same thing but it always ends up being a animated image to pretend to be a countdown timer. I doubt there is another way to do this as you can't execute code within an email body. Also be aware that Microsoft Outlook doesn't like animated images in emails so tends to display nothing unless you have a static fallback.

Cheers

Darren

Administrator

Hi @ayumut92751819,

Were you able to resolve this query with the given solution or do you still need more help? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa