Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Connection to a new instance from the client console

Former Community Member

I have created a new instance on the same server(tools --> Advanced --> Declare a new instance). The config-<new instance>.xml got created inside the conf directory. How can I connect to the new instance from the client console? A new connection cannot be added because the server URL will be same as the both the instances are on the same server.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Deleted Account ,

While creating a new instance you must have entered a DNS mask for the instance. You can use that dns mask address in the instance url to connect in client console.

Here is the screenshot of screen where the instance mask was entered.

let me know if that helps

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Deleted Account ,

While creating a new instance you must have entered a DNS mask for the instance. You can use that dns mask address in the instance url to connect in client console.

Here is the screenshot of screen where the instance mask was entered.

let me know if that helps

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Former Community Member

Hello @ manojk62306941,

Thank you for the response.

I entered the DNS mask as you suggested and created a new connection in the client console using that dns mask address in the instance url. But, it is getting connected to the older instance not the new one.

navink25135430_0-1588784790584.png

navink25135430_2-1588784921006.png

navink25135430_1-1588784895397.png

Thanks,

Navin

Community Advisor

Hi @Deleted Account ,

Names used must be defined in your DNS. You can also inform the correspondence between a DNS name and
an IP address in the c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file in Windows and in the /etc/hosts
file in Linux. You therefore must modify the connection settings to use this DNS name in order to connect to
your chosen instance.

Regards,

Milan