Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Char sets in Adobe Campaign

Level 1

In my organizations Adobe Campaign Classic environment the character set is different depending on how the proof is triggered. For example if you send a proof by:

1) Creating an email delivery, saving then sending using the "send a proof" button in the ribbon the char set is UTF8 

2) Checking "Enable proof sending" in the delivery properties and running workflow and then clicking the "Send a Proof" button as part of the approval process the char set is windows-1252

Is it possible to configure both proof methods to use the same character set?

As well is it possible to configure Adobe so that deliveries are sent to recipients using UTF8? Currently the actual deliveries go out using windows-1252.

We are using MS SQL server as the database instance. 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Please navigate the following in the delivery properties of email delivery:

delivery properties / SMTP / check field Force the encoding used for messages and chose prefered encoding in drop down list

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Please navigate the following in the delivery properties of email delivery:

delivery properties / SMTP / check field Force the encoding used for messages and chose prefered encoding in drop down list

Regards,

Milan

Level 1
I don't see that option in SMTP on delivery properties within Campaign Classic

Community Advisor

Hi, this is really strange.

Could you, try with standard email delivery or recurring delivery template?
Tab is named SMTP and there you can set character encoding, bounce mails and additional smtp headers.
I am unable to upload picture in this new redesigned forum.

Regards,
Milan

Level 1
Thanks for trying to help. the only options I have are 'use the default error address defined for the platform', 'Bounce address' and 'Additional SMTP headers', there is no tickbox to force the encoding or drop down list to select encoding method to be used