Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Can Amazon S3 external account use Ec2 instance profile and role?

Level 2

I only saw the mentioning of using access key method to authenticate to AWS in Adobe's documentation about AWS s3 external account: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/administrating/application-settings/...

If a workflow server runs on an AWS EC2 instance, a much easier approach to manage AWS resource access is to use EC2 isntance profile and its associated role. i.e. I'm allowed to access certain S3 resource because I am making the API call from this particular server. 

I wonder if AC V7/V8 support that approach? it would be nice to avoid managing those access key and secret.

Regards,

Shaohong

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @shaohong 

Even if you have assigned the permission to both S3 and EC2 instance to the same profile in IAM. The application hosted on EC2 won't even know if these permissions actually exists because all this is happening in different layers.

To create a bridge between two different layers we need the access keys. So it is not possible to do it without access keys

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @shaohong 

Even if you have assigned the permission to both S3 and EC2 instance to the same profile in IAM. The application hosted on EC2 won't even know if these permissions actually exists because all this is happening in different layers.

To create a bridge between two different layers we need the access keys. So it is not possible to do it without access keys

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn