Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

[Advanced] Querying a temporary schema field in a split?

Level 1

Hi there,

I am facing an issue with Adobe Campaign.

I have a complicated use case that requires the use of subworkflows and enrichments creating temporary fields.

In the master workflow, I am using an enrichment function to create a new field in the temporary workflow schema.

Then, in my SUBworkflow, I need to perform a split function on this temporary schema field created in the master workflow.

Is there any way to do this? I am facing errors when I try.

Thanks so much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing the details.

1. In main workflow, after enrichment activity add subworkflow activity. 

2. In Subworkflow, you already have the access to events variables and to access temp variables which you have added in enrichment activity get the schema definition passed to the first jump activity of subworkflow. For this you need to create one variable which hols the schema definition(schema.element) .

3. Once you have the elementXML , Loop to populate Temp schema 

Hope this will help !

Thanks,

Kapil Kochar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you please share what you have tried and what error you are facing?

Thanks,

Kapil

Level 1

Hi Kapil,

I have tried to manually write into the split what the incoming field to split on will be called, but the error says that he field is not anywhere in the schema.

I cant create an enrichment with the same field in a temporary schema directly upstream because then the flow won't work.

Essentially I am asking if I can do a custom specification in a split that an incoming field in a temporary workflow schema will come and to filter on value x. Note - the data is coming via a subworkflow so the function upstream of a split is a jump landing point - which does not store the temporary schema in isolation.

Cheers!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing the details.

1. In main workflow, after enrichment activity add subworkflow activity. 

2. In Subworkflow, you already have the access to events variables and to access temp variables which you have added in enrichment activity get the schema definition passed to the first jump activity of subworkflow. For this you need to create one variable which hols the schema definition(schema.element) .

3. Once you have the elementXML , Loop to populate Temp schema 

Hope this will help !

Thanks,

Kapil Kochar

Level 1

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your response.

I am unsure how to execute what you are suggesting. Is there any documentation around this functionality?

Also note - it sounds like it involves creating a permanent schema to hold this data. This would be impossible given the timeframes this campaign must go out

Thanks so much for your help so far mate!