Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe campaign Email tracking

Level 3

Folks,

In adobe campaign classic, is there any way to know if a recipient has clicked reply on the email?

There are several thing gets tracks as email clicks, opens, estimate forwards, etc but is there any way to know if/how many recipients who got emails actually replied as well?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

This is not possible as a tracking feature, not because of any ESP's limitation but because of the way email clients work.

Same with forwards. If they forward an email through their email client, you'd have no way of knowing. If they forwarded by clicking an ESP-provided feature "forward this to a friend" and submitting a form, you could track that.

Hopefully the replies go back to you, so you could track those through other means.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

This is not possible as a tracking feature, not because of any ESP's limitation but because of the way email clients work.

Same with forwards. If they forward an email through their email client, you'd have no way of knowing. If they forwarded by clicking an ESP-provided feature "forward this to a friend" and submitting a form, you could track that.

Hopefully the replies go back to you, so you could track those through other means.

Level 3

Thanks, is it just Adobe email MTA's limitations? because some third party solutions I guess allow email reply tracking, isn't it?

I completely understand these activities are solely dependent upon recipient's email client, that's why even forwards are estimates in adobe and cannot be tracked individually.