I was trying to generate one csv file dynamically for each recipient in AC server for the group of recipients.
After that tried to deliver the email to the group of 700+ people and attached this generated csv files. Then I face the following error for 70+ people out of 700+ ..
"Cannot open file '<file name>' with read access (errno=2, No such file or directory)"
But actually csv files are there for this 70+ people also. When the delivery job retried again after 1 hour later it was successfully go through for this 70+ people. Any idea why the error happen on first attempt? The file size is not more than 1 MB for each file.
Hi cho laiw17892104,
My understanding says that this sort of error is either attributed to file not being present in the directory or some scripting within the Workflow Activity which is causing some issues with initial set of Recipients and works fine thereafter.
Further insights would require deeper investigation, I would request you to open a case with Support Team and this will get right direction there.
Hi cho laiw17892104,
As per your initial post, "I was trying to generate one csv file dynamically for each recipient in AC server for the group of recipients.
After that tried to deliver the email to the group of 700+ people and attached this generated csv files."
Is there some time gap in between these two steps.
There could be a possibility that the file isn't generated when the Delivery is targeting initial set of Recipients. Later once its ready, other Recipients are targeted.
With a smaller Recipient set, the execution time turns out to be less, that could be the reason why file is quickly available to be sent to Recipients.
This could further be validated by performing 1-2 tests.
Try working with a list of 200-300 Recipients and then 400-500 Recipients, lets see how it goes.
Hi cho laiw17892104,
This Error is mostly attributed to the file not being present at the time of activity execution.
I understand that the Delivery was successful for other Recipients, but maybe the Delivery did not find the file to send to affected Recipients.
Is there a pattern which is observed for these 70+ Recipients which are left out.
Were these last on the list, there could be process running simultaneously which could have deleted the csv file later during the Delivery Activity.
The second attempt of Delivery job was successful which had lesser number of Recipients.
Has this been observed for some other files as well, especially with lesser number of Recipients.
I generated the files first. Checked and make sure files are there. Few hours later I send out the email so it is not possible that files are not there on delivery.
And I cannot test with 200 or 300 recipients. I can only see the result when I send out the email. I cannot send to 200 or 300 real user or if it's send only to me my mail box may blacklist sender address assuming it is the spam mail. Is there anyway that I can test without sending actual email?
Oh by the way the attachment file name are dynamically computed during delivery. The files are created earlier yes but for each recipient which file to attach from the list of csv file is decided during delivery. The file name includes the recipient code so each recipients suppose to receive their own file only. So when I attached the file in the delivery template I choose 'File name is computed during the delivery for each message.(it can depend on the recipient profile)'. Is there any problem computing the file name for 700+ recipients? If that's the case error msg cannot be able to show the file name. But now error msg show 'File not found' with the correct file name but actually the files are there.
Thanks for your reply. I tried to check the pattern but I don't find anything. But I have noticed that only the first few are fail for first one minute when I check the last modified date. After that the rest are all go through. And other batches with less than 100 recipients are always successfully go through.
I created 2 batches of 700+ email for 2 different months. In both deliveries, the first delivery attempt was fail for few recipients. Both times only go through 600+ but not the exact number. First time was 690+ and 2nd time was 630+.
I don't understand why for those 700+ deliveries, the recipients that are processed within first 1 minutes are always fail. And it only happens for this 700+ recipients batches.