Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic Read only users

Level 2

Hi Team,

Need to create an operator in Adobe Campaign Classic with Read only View to specific folders.

Can you suggest, as I dont see any Readonly access in NamedRights and Operator Groups

Thanks in advance..!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

You need to go to the folders on which you need to give read only access to users and right click> open properties> go to security tab and add the group of users/ users in authorizations and select it and uncheck write and delete boxes. Make sure you select the group or user you want to modify the permissions for once you add in authorizations. You can also check propagate box if you would like to give same access to under lying folders. Thanks!

prasannakumarmarru_0-1606894386524.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

You need to go to the folders on which you need to give read only access to users and right click> open properties> go to security tab and add the group of users/ users in authorizations and select it and uncheck write and delete boxes. Make sure you select the group or user you want to modify the permissions for once you add in authorizations. You can also check propagate box if you would like to give same access to under lying folders. Thanks!

prasannakumarmarru_0-1606894386524.png

Level 2

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for the reply. I tried this approach before hand but the problem is when I login with that user I don't see any folder in explorer (even the given read only folder).

Just wondering do I need to give any "operator group" or "Named Right" first assigned to that user afterwards folder level RO access will work?

Pls share your thoughts.

Hi, Yeah you have to gve some access with groups, like campaign managers, delivery supervisor or something. Even if you give read access, you should still give some basic access like "Access to reports" if you want to give access to asystem folder or a folder inside a system folder. But if you want to give access to a custom root folder, you do not have to give any system groups like access to reports or delivery supervisor but you can create a custom group and add the user in that group.

Administrator

Hi @kvthiyaga,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2
Hi Sukrity, Yes I managed to address this issue. Thanks for checking.

Administrator
Oh great! Was it the above shared solution By Prasanna that did the trick or did you find something on your own?

Sukrity Wadhwa