Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic, Delivery Approval

Level 10

Hi All,

I am facing a weird problem in my production environment. Nobody but admins can submit the content of delivery to start the approval process.

Users are getting following error when they try to submit the content:

Capture.PNG

Access that I have provided to the campaign planning user group is below:

Capture2.PNG

I have provided the read access to everything but administration folder in the campaign and read/write/delete access to campaign management and delivery management(including the delivery folders).

I am unable to fix it; Any help would be great. Adhiyan

Regards,

Amit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Amit,

So there is not much present in the docs barring a few lines here under the approval process :Setting up marketing campaigns

But we have seen this practically many times that the assignee of a campaign can only submit content. Please note that submitting the content is different than approving it.

The Approval lifecycle goes like this : The campaign assignee (manager) submits the content and then it becomes active for the approval process and content and targeting can be approved then. By default only the assignee of the campaign is allowed to submit content and not the selected approvers for the campaign.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Amit,

Is there anything in the web log which could explain the error?

If not, try enabling showErrors="true" on the securityZone in instance config where your IP is whitelisted in order to then see the error stack trace.

At present it looks to be an access right related problem. For approval, they might need write access as well as the delviery will get modified.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 10

Thanks, Vipul!

In web logs, I can see only one line "You are not authorized to perform this operation." It's hosted by Adobe so I can't change configurations for securityZone.

Regards,

Amit

Employee

Hi Amit,

I am guessing this delivery is part of a campaign and the campaign is assigned to the operator Admin. That can be causing the issue .

Can you please confirm who is the assignee of the campaign from the edit tab of the campaign dashboard.

1244327_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 10

Thanks, Adhiyan, Yes it is assigned to admin but why would this cause any problem in the first place? Some explanation or product limitation available to support, I can't just ask them to do it without any explanation.

Regards,

Amit

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Amit,

So there is not much present in the docs barring a few lines here under the approval process :Setting up marketing campaigns

But we have seen this practically many times that the assignee of a campaign can only submit content. Please note that submitting the content is different than approving it.

The Approval lifecycle goes like this : The campaign assignee (manager) submits the content and then it becomes active for the approval process and content and targeting can be approved then. By default only the assignee of the campaign is allowed to submit content and not the selected approvers for the campaign.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adhiyan