Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe Campaign Classic client and server installation

Level 4

Hi,

I am a bit confused with Adobe Campaign Classic client and server. I think they installed separately.   I have Adobe Campaign v7 (7.0 build 8795) and Application server:1.1 build 8770 installed. If I want to upgrade both of them, where to download server side and client side program?

There is a new version just release 18.10 update - Build 8977, is this application server side or client console?  If I want to upgrade both of them, is there any problem might occur during the upgrade? is there any documentation for upgrading the software?

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Jason,

You can directly upgrade from 8770(server) to 8977(server).

The client version does not have an impact on the workflows and web forms. The client is just a medium to interact with your campaign application server. Just like a SQL client is used to interact with an Oracle database.

Will it work if only upgrade the client console to Build 8977 and keep the server on Build 8770?

PS: Yes, it will work but to get the benefits of all the new fixes provided in build 8977, you have to upgrade your server too.

For AEM integration, the client and server need not be on the same build. However, it is recommended to keep the server and client on the same build.

Thanks,

Prajwal Shetty

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi Jason,

The campaign client and the server are installed separately.

To gain access to Adobe Support portal, you need to be part of a partner organization or part of customer organization that has bought the Adobe Campaign license. You have to raise a ticket to campaign support team and they will provide you the latest setup files for server and client.

Client Installation:

The client installation is simple and you can do it on your side irrespective of whether you are on an on-premise architecture or an Adobe hosted architecture.

Server Installation:

If you are an Adobe hosted customer, then you have to reach out to the campaign support team to get your server upgraded.

If you are an on-premise customer, then you have to get the setup file from campaign support team and perform the installation on your side.

Documentation:

You can follow the below documentation for more details.

Adobe Campaign Implementation Guide

Also, the new version 18.10 update - Build 8977 has both the client and the server setup file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prajwal Shetty

Level 4

Thanks Prajwal for the detailed explanation.

Quick question, I am on premise server,  is there any issue or error if I upgrade from Build 8770 (server) directly to Build 8977 (server)? I have lots of trigger workflows (import and export) and also web forms. Will it work if only upgrade the client console to Build 8977 and keep the server on Build 8770?

Also I am planing to integrate AEM to Adobe Campaign, do the server version and client console need to be the same build version?

Thanks,

Jason

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Jason,

You can directly upgrade from 8770(server) to 8977(server).

The client version does not have an impact on the workflows and web forms. The client is just a medium to interact with your campaign application server. Just like a SQL client is used to interact with an Oracle database.

Will it work if only upgrade the client console to Build 8977 and keep the server on Build 8770?

PS: Yes, it will work but to get the benefits of all the new fixes provided in build 8977, you have to upgrade your server too.

For AEM integration, the client and server need not be on the same build. However, it is recommended to keep the server and client on the same build.

Thanks,

Prajwal Shetty