Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Adobe API to create html contents/ delivery templates/ lists in emails

Level 4

Just wanted to ask if Adobe has some out of box API's to create html contents or automatically create delivery templates or lists in emails etc., does this functionality supports in Adobe campaign classic. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Ramaswami 

you can create any object in adobe campaign there is via API that means you can do delivery templates, lists, workflows, campaigns and to run them restart them.

Check documentation:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/api/about... for WSDL

Check the entire section

Marcel

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Ramaswami 

you can create any object in adobe campaign there is via API that means you can do delivery templates, lists, workflows, campaigns and to run them restart them.

Check documentation:

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-classic/using/configuring-campaign-classic/api/about... for WSDL

Check the entire section

Marcel

Level 4

Hi Marcel,

To create a campaign for example, i found this method in documentation -

CreateOperationFromModel ( XML operation )

So i understood that we need to use this function in javascript node of a workflow but what should i pass inside the method as it says "XML operation". Is there any way that i get the XML?  Can you please provide an example.

Note: Adobe Campaign is hosted on Cloud. 

Level 4

Hi Marcel,

I have checked the documentation which you have given and it has all the topics about how to get, set, update, delete the data through SOAP/queryDefs but there is no example on how to create a campaign/delivery template.

Can you please give me an example of how to create a campaign/template through API calls.

Community Advisor
But instead of recipient you do <operation></operation> to see how operation xml looks like you open any campaign.. then on to console menu edit -> edit xml source

Level 4

Hi @MarceL,

I tried to send out the delivery through API method like below. I am pulling the emails from query activity and looping through the API like below: 

This is my workflow : 

Ramaswami_0-1605467226261.png

inside the javascript&colon; 

logInfo("Table name:"+vars.tableName);

var cnx = application.getConnection();

var details = cnx.query("select semail from "+vars.tableName);

for each(var row in details)
{
logInfo("row[1]:"+row[0]);

var emailCondition = "@email = '"+row[0]+"'";
var deliveryname = "prdDM30934274";
logInfo("before delivery");
var deliveryId = nms.delivery.SubmitNotification (deliveryname,
<delivery>
<targets >
<deliveryTarget >
<targetPart type='query' exclusion='false' ignoreDeleteStatus='false'>
<where>
<condition expr={emailCondition} />
</where>
</targetPart>
</deliveryTarget>
</targets>
</delivery>);

logInfo("deliveryid : "+deliveryId)

}

Concerns with the above code : the delivery template is having some variable pipe-in like <%=recipient.firstname%> but when I loop through the emails which got from query activity i am only passing the email address. 

if for above example : i am query respondent id = 1303 whose first name = Suri and email = suri@gmail.com, we also have a respondent whose respondent id = 444 whose first name = venkatsuri and email = suri@gmail.com( which is the same as 1303) 

now the problem here is the javascript API method when i query for 1303 it's piping the values of 444 respondent. Can we pass the variables like firstname, etc., through this API ? is there a way?