Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Access Restriction

Level 8

Hi All,

We have provided restricted access to the regional users in Adobe campaign classic and it is working fine in explorer view but not working in home view.

In home view, we can able to see all the data (like Admin) irrespective of the restrictions provided.

Can you please suggest how to resolve this issue?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can disable the home view entirely for non-admin, or alter the jssp's to show the desired restricted data. These will be overwritten on upgrades.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 4

Hi Jon,

I appreciate your help a lot.
can you please explain how can i disable home view for a user.

I cant modify xml of user.

thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Exercise caution as this may void your warranty, and will be overwritten on upgrades:

Add the below bolded line to the top of the jssp's (Administration/Configuration/Dynamic JavaScript pages) you want to block, e.g. home.jssp, below the header boilerplate, above the html, substituting admin for other rights as desired:

NL.Dashboard.init(request, response, {

title: "Adobe Campaign Classic",

withFooter: true,

require: [ '/nl/home.less'],

}, function(dashboardContext) {

%>

<% if (!application.operator.hasRight('admin')) return; %>

<div id="home-header">

An easy way to alter jssp's is to change the namespace in the editor from protected nms/xtk to anything else, write your content, change back and save.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 8

Hi Jon,

I'm confused why there is conflict between home view and Explorer view?

Actually the Explorer view is the exact replica of Home view but it's not happening here.

We can't disable the Home view as the non-admin user is expecting the Home view as well.

And we can't alter the jssp's as it is factory-configured object.

Any other solution to which will help to resolve this?

Regards,

Venu

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can alter pretty much anything in Campaign, including the webpages shown on the Home screen.

I posted the directions in earlier comment, were you able to follow?

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 8

Hi Jon,

Here the problem is, we have to provide access to different non-admin users for different folders.

For eg:

For user1 --> Need to provide access to folder A

For user2 --> Need to provide access to folder B

For user3 --> Need to provide access to folder A,B

We have folders like A, B, C, D, E ....

So, if we follow the procedure what you suggested we can satisfy only one condition (example user1 and not sure about others).

Note: Here my question is what will be the reason there is a conflict between Explorer view and HOME view. Both should reflect the same           access if we apply any restrictions.

Regards,

Venu