Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

ACC: Older logs

Level 3

Hiya,

We're on hosted on ACC v7 build 8894.  For some reason, when I go to the Home tab and click on Monitoring, I can't seem to view the web (web@default), mta (mta@default) etc. logs for the previous days.  It shows the logs for the current date but not for any other date range I select using the date pickers there.

Can y'all advice what could be wrong here?

-Harshal

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi wALF,

Are there any other iterations of the web@default  or mta@default such as web2@default? The log files are only configured to hold so much information before they roll over.  In those cases you may have an mta2 or web2 set of logs for the older log files.  Depending on how active the environment is, these logs may only be for a day or so.  Additionally when you change the date filter, did you refresh the search?

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Did you change the sort from newest to oldest or use the paging at the bottom?

Are there logs for previous dates?

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 3
Indeed, I played around with newest to oldest. I can confirm there are logs for previous dates.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi wALF,

Are there any other iterations of the web@default  or mta@default such as web2@default? The log files are only configured to hold so much information before they roll over.  In those cases you may have an mta2 or web2 set of logs for the older log files.  Depending on how active the environment is, these logs may only be for a day or so.  Additionally when you change the date filter, did you refresh the search?

Regards,

Craig

Level 3

Hi Craig,

Adobe confirmed that to view previous days' logs, you will have to change the instance URLs.  They also confirmed this is the behaviour observed with other customers too and that this is the expected behaviour.  Adobe also confirmed that logs aren't referred by end customers so, the support teams provide them with prior days' logs, once a request has been raised.  This sounded very unconvincing and more like a workaround to me.

I think if we can't view prior days' logs, the whole purpose of having the date range picker is defeated.  Moreover, one wouldn't change the instance URLs to point to the precise node that holds the logs.

To answer your question, YES I had refreshed the search.