Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

554 IP name lookup failed. No PTR record found

Level 3

Dear All

We're facing an issue for a specific domain, the mails are not delivered due to the below error.

The intersting part is the mails are delivered from production. Could you pls assist.

554 IP name lookup failed. No PTR record found

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Ukender,

So this isn't a Campaign issue but a deliverability one.  For deliverability responses like this your best option is to simply do a web search (Google) the error.  Searching the error you listed provides numerous results.  Most point to a missing PTR record but there are slight variations based on the domain you are mailing to.

Regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Ukender,

So this isn't a Campaign issue but a deliverability one.  For deliverability responses like this your best option is to simply do a web search (Google) the error.  Searching the error you listed provides numerous results.  Most point to a missing PTR record but there are slight variations based on the domain you are mailing to.

Regards,

Craig

Level 3

Hi Craig - Thanks for your suggestion. I got your point. but would like to understand how it is been configured in Adobe Campaign.

I could see the error message has been configured in the below path but from where we are fetching the error message is something I would like to understand. Could you share your view on this, pls. Thank you!

ukender_0-1611199904004.png

Level 5
Hi ukender, may be worth checking the mail rule sets that is just above the one you have highlighted to see if the domain is part of the MX management and other modes. But yet again as mentioned by craig, worth checking with deliverability team