Expand my Community achievements bar.

Some AAM Questions

Level 10

Hi All,

I am not conversant with AAM. If you have some time, kindly try to address my following AAM Questions:

1. Does AAM use a Database to store all profile data or it is all internally stored?

2. AAM gets data from first party, second party and third party sources.

But could there be a use case/Business case that introduces a Marketing Database between AAM and  fthese sources?

It could be that as the data grows in size, AAM Database or its internal storage faces storage or performance issues.

3. Let us assume the external Marketing Database is enforced by the client.

How does data flow from Marketing Database to AAM?

Is it like configuring a connector and it does the job of copying data from Marketing Database to AAM periodically?

Or the connector helps AAM to access Marketing Database directly, without copying?

4. Let us a take an outside Data Source that exposes profile data through RESTful web services.

If our AAM instance needs to get that data, again will it include just configuring a connector or we need to write code for calling the web services?

If it is code, where does it reside and run? Inside AAM or it needs an App Server?

5. This question of where the code resides and runs is valid for all use cases where we are required to write code.

For any other purpose, if we need to write code in AAM, where does it reside and run?

6. When all do we need to write code for AAM?

Appreciate all your patience and support.

Thanks,

Rama.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi all,

I need to report back to my manager in a day's time.

All my questions are very specific.

You could pass me URLs, but please add them on top of your answers.

Kindly revert ASAP.

I highly appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 3

Hi Rama,

I just started doing a POC on AAM and I thought I can answer your question to some extent. As far as I know AAM doesn't provide an integration with external databases directly, but it does offer batch processing feature. You can prepare a CSV file with your customer data and upload it into AAM for segmentation. This also requires a bit of a help from Adobe Professional Services to set up FTP for that Data Source.

Regards

KK

Level 10

Thanks Kiran for reverting.

This effectively answers my question#3.

If others also could pitch in quickly, it would be of great help.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 9

1. Does AAM use a Database to store all profile data or it is all internally stored?

AAM uses database to store profiles but that database is not accessible as individual data for AAM accounts. The data is stored internally on AAM servers, and AAM users do not get a database-like access to their uploaded and collected data. Their data gets stored into their data sources, and they can create segments (Audiences) out of it. They can get the data in their data sources exported by contacting their consultant or AAM support.

2. Could you elaborate more on this, when you say Marketing database, you mean your own CRM data ?

You cannot place the actionable data outside of AAM, it should be there on AAM servers.

It could be that as the data grows in size, AAM Database or its internal storage faces storage or performance issues.

This is a custom use case we would recommend to talk to you partner manager or consultant for the same. It is out of the scope of community.

3. Let us assume the external Marketing Database is enforced by the client.

How does data flow from Marketing Database to AAM?

AAM gets data by inbound file onboarding, Online realtime hits/activity, Second party and Third Party data. If there is any third party data onboarder that AAM supports, then the data flow would be either server to server or by onboarding file to data source. Also, check Marketing Cloud Exchange Forum : Partner Overview | Adobe Developer Connection  and the list of exchange partners : All Applications

Level 10

Few more answers

4. Let us a take an outside Data Source that exposes profile data through RESTful web services.

If our AAM instance needs to get that data, again will it include just configuring a connector or we need to write code for calling the web services?

If it is code, where does it reside and run? Inside AAM or it needs an App Server?

To integrate data sources in this manner you can register the data source as 3rd party data source in audience marketplace. Configure the data source exclusively for your account and use it. This is a workaround among possible solutions. I would recommend to talk to you partner manager or consultant for the same as it's a very specific use case. Besides, our audience marketplace has a wide variety of 3rd party data providers to search them and find go to audience finder - Adobe Audience Finder .