Expand my Community achievements bar.

AAM Implementation Package & Deployment

Level 10

Hi all,

Kindly suggest how an AAM Implementation is Packaged & Deployed.

Let us say we start implementing AAM on our Dev server.

Once it is tested, we may want to deploy it to a Test/Staging Server for further testing or UAT.

How to package all the code/configurations and deploy on the Target environment?

Ex: AEM offers Package Manager for bundling and packaging on the Source system and also for deploying on the target system.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

7 Replies

Level 9

Hi Rama,

Please check these docs on implementing AAM : Introducing Adobe Audience Manager Implementation / Installation Guide

How to implement Adobe Audience Manager?

Implementation of AAM is different than AEM.

Do you have Adobe Analytics as a part of same Adobe Experience Cloud Org or just AAM and Target only ?

If you have AA, AAM and Target under Adobe Experience Cloud, then the recommended way to implement AAM would be SSF (server side forwarding). You need to contact AAM client care for that or your Adobe Consultant.

If you do not have AA, and want to implement only AAM, then you can implement that through DTM.

If Target is a part of same marketing cloud org, then you can ask AAM client care or your consultant to enable shared audience, and then there is nothing required, AAM and Target will get integrated. AAM segments will appear in Target while creating an activity.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 10

Hi Varun,

I agree that these are highly valuable pointers.

My question is a given the AAM implementation completion, how to package the solution and deploy on a different environment?

Do we follow Development, Staging and Production environments flow for AAM, like any other product?

For moving the solution from Staging to Production, for example, what is the procedure?
Obviously, we do not do everything from scratch in Production.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

AAM is largely a SaaS based solution  Hence, deployment of AAM components is not needed. The data collection mechanism needs to be configured at the client end essentially to send data collected to AAM servers.

To know more read the Configuration and implementation section of implementation guide - Adobe Audience Manager Implementation Guide .

Level 10

Hi Gaurang,

Kindly let me know What is needed for deployment on a different environment, than the DEV environment.

How to make everything work there on the Target environment.

I agree that AAM is different from AEM.

I do not think that we need to create everything from scratch there.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

As mentioned above, AAM is not offered to be deployed locally for our customers and partners. it is a service i.e. a SaaS based solution. To trigger code and send information to AAM servers solution implementer need to implement code at the client end to do so.

Best,

Gaurang

Level 10

Hi Gaurang,

Thanks to your replies, I am finding my feet in AAM.

1. So, Adobe handles coding/configurations on the AAM side and the partners implement the JS coding on the client side, so that the browser sends the data to AAM.

Is this understanding correct?

2. If the partner is sufficiently knowledgeable/experienced, and wants to implement AAM server side also, will that be a possibility or Adobe mandates that only Adobe does it?

3. Given that AAM implementation operates on a SAS model, will the set of services be different for DEV/Staging/Production or there will be only one set of services across them?

Since this is a huge deviation from the traditional implementations, I am taking long to get to the grips of it.

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

Please find the answers below -

1 & 2  Adobe manages the services for AAM hosting it in our data clusters.

3. Calls to AAM servers are charged. We recommend to test calls to AAM servers. But, do not encourage sending all calls to AAM servers from a customer test environment.