Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Query on Event Type - Cookies, Device Advertising ID and Cross Device

Level 5

Dear All,

I would like to understand in depth on the different between Cookies, Device Advertising ID and Cross Device from ID Type while create data sources.

Not sure my understand is correct or not?

When to use what?

1) Cookies - Whether the user is non-authenticated or authenticated all kind of data has been pushed to this data sources with this ID.

2) Device Advertising ID - If the user has iOS or Android or any other internet enabled device then those user has been pushed to this data sources with this ID.

3) Cross Device -  When user authenticated with multiple device then we use to make sure to fine tune the user is in Person or Household.

Let me know if the above understand is right?

Thanks,

Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi vijayakumar.raju

Yes,your understanding is correct.In addition to above:

When the data source is setup as "Cookie" then data will be collected  and associated with a profile based on identifier stored in browser cookie.

When the data source is setup as "Cross-device" then data will be collected  and associated with a profile based a customer-provided, authenticated ID.

When the data source is setup as "Device Advertising Id" then data will be collected and associated with a profile based on mobile device identifier. Select this when your data source is a mobile device or Internet enabled device.

Regards,

Shweta

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi vijayakumar.raju

Yes,your understanding is correct.In addition to above:

When the data source is setup as "Cookie" then data will be collected  and associated with a profile based on identifier stored in browser cookie.

When the data source is setup as "Cross-device" then data will be collected  and associated with a profile based a customer-provided, authenticated ID.

When the data source is setup as "Device Advertising Id" then data will be collected and associated with a profile based on mobile device identifier. Select this when your data source is a mobile device or Internet enabled device.

Regards,

Shweta

Level 2
@Deleted Account can we have deivce ID and segment can be shared via S2S integration