Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to stop Analytics forwarding to AAM

Level 6

Hi,

We are trying to disable the Server side forwarding for particular analytics report suite. As per Adobe documentation, we have disabled automatically  automatic share option from adobe launch and also disabled the Report suite Server side option. Concern is , I am still seeing the Demdex http request happening in site.

Please suggest if there is any update I need to do.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Those screenshots look like the AudienceManagment module which is apart of the integration between AAM & AA, but not the aspect responsible for forwarding report suite data. My understanding is that the AudienceManagement module is actually responsible for receiving data from AAM, so it can be removed from the page if you aren't planning on utilizing the integration between AA & AAM anymore. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is intended behavior due to the implementation of multi-suite tagging. If Server-side forwarding is enabled for one report suite, then data from all report suites will be forwarded. Let me know if you have any related questions and concerns here.

Thanks,
Curtis

Level 6

@curtiso - Thank you for the response. Now , I have disabled SSF for all report suites we have but still able to see the Demdex call. I feel demdex call is triggered through Adobe analytics App measurement code.

Employee

Happy to help! Demdex calls actually aren't involved in forwarding Analytics to AAM, and neither is the App measurement code. Appmeasurement.js is the method which AA utilizes to collect data. 

The demdex call you're referencing is most likely apart of our ECID service, which would fire a demdex call for every first time visitor to the site if implemented. It may also be another ID sync specifically configured on your site to exchange IDs with a 3rd party data provider. 

You can use the following methods to investigate if report suite data is still being forwarded to AAM:

1. Any traits or segments that rely solely on those report suites will begin to expire as the data flow is cut off (dependent on specific segment configurations). The real-time audiences should flat-line for these audiences. This may take a few days to reflect in the AAM reporting
  2. The AAM unused signals report shouldn't show data from those report suites anymore

3. The response to your Analytics calls should no longer be an AAM response, it will now just be a simple "SUCCESS" code (as long as the AudienceManagement module is still on the page)

Level 6

@curtiso I appreciate for your response. I have gone through all three steps and it looks good. on the other hand , I do see some refence of AAM in app measurement code. This is reason I asked if App measurement loading AAM by default or not.

pradeep_07_0-1646685855001.png

pradeep_07_1-1646685915014.png

Correct answer by
Employee

Those screenshots look like the AudienceManagment module which is apart of the integration between AAM & AA, but not the aspect responsible for forwarding report suite data. My understanding is that the AudienceManagement module is actually responsible for receiving data from AAM, so it can be removed from the page if you aren't planning on utilizing the integration between AA & AAM anymore. 

Level 6

@curtiso - Thanks for your response. You are correct enabling just one report suite will forward all other report suite data as well. After disabling SSF for all report suite , I don't see any data now in AAM. On the other hand, How we can manage Target and other third party data feeding in to AAM? is there option in AAM we can control this flow?

Thanks,

Pradeep