Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customer Attributes in AA and Onboarding data in AAM

Level 3

Can someone help use understand how loading data into Analytics Customer Attributes affects what's available to use for traits in AAM?  We are loading offline data into both systems, but want to make sure that we aren't doubling up the data load as a result.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Robert,

Following link will help you to understand Customer Attributes:

Customer attributes

Inbound Customer Data Ingestion FAQ

Hope these links will help you to clarify the understanding between 2 approaches.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi robert_yocum

I don't think loading data in customer attributes in any way will affect what is available for traits in AAM. Customer attributes are typically used in adobe analytics to analyse known customers and are used in adobe target to personalize the website for known customers.They would not in any case will clash with offline data in audience manager.

Thanks,

Shweta

Employee

Hi Robert,

This would depend on what scenario at hand you want to solve.

If you have scenario where you want to segment-unsegment customer based on 3rd party data, keep this data on both sides - AAM and Customer Attributes.

If your scenario does not required real-time qualification/dis-qualification for a segment for same page/next page level personalization, you can load it only in AAM or only in Customer Attributes to achieve this.

Provide more details on what scenario, you are trying to achieve and accordingly, I can guide.

Level 3

The scenarios will be any of the above depending on each specific campaign we run.  The need is a basic understanding of how these features overlap or don't, which doesn't appear to exist in the documentation anywhere that I have found so far.

Based on the response so far, keeping the data in both sides is the best bet so we have flexibility to use it as needed whatever comes up.

That said, are we correct in understanding that a Customer Attribute in Analytics will not create a Signal in AAM for us unless a visitor matching an attribute visits the web site?

Employee

There is small correction needed here in basic understanding here.

Customer Attribute is available at Experience Cloud Core services level and not at Analytics level.

What is usually directly available as traits in AAM is evars configured in Adobe Analytics.

Customer Attributes is usually sitting outside of Adobe Analytics and inside of Experience Cloud core services.

Hence, all the customer attributes loaded need/will not get automatically created as traits or signals in AAM.

Level 3

That helps a bit.

I guess I'm confused why Customer Attributes, as part of the Core services, don't show up in any way in AAM.  That seems counter-intuitive to how the rest of the platform operates.

But, understood that Customer Attributes don't show up in AAM (at this time, at least), and we should load data into both the Customer Attributes Core Services and the offline data in AAM to make full use of the data across the platform.

If I'm wrong about Customer Attributes, I could use some help better understanding how that Core Service shows up in AAM.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Robert,

Following link will help you to understand Customer Attributes:

Customer attributes

Inbound Customer Data Ingestion FAQ

Hope these links will help you to clarify the understanding between 2 approaches.