Let us take a real AAM Implementation to a client.
Generally, implementers develop some items, like components, that enable the marketers from client side to develop some things on their own, without depending on IT people.
Ex: In AEM, implementers develop components, templates, workflows, etc, that enable the marketers to develop web pages on their own, without depending on IT people. It involves just selection of template, dragging & dropping of components and configuring, that do not require any programming knowledge.
In AAM, typically, what are the items developed by implementers and what are the items developed by marketers from client side?
Is it like implementers develop Traits and marketers develop Segments out of the Traits? Developing Segments out of the Traits is selecting Traits, adding relationship among them and configuring.
If implementers develop some segments, they may not be enough going forward and so marketers developing new Segments has a business use case here.
Kindly think of a real typical implementation scenario and suggest.
I took a stab at answering some of your questions below,
1. What is the purpose of Models? - In AAM Models refer to "look alike models" this is where users can identify a high value baseline audience and run an algorithm against available data sources to determine users similar to that baseline. The results of that model can be used to create a segment for activation in display or personalization campaigns. You can learn more about this process here: Algorithmic Models
2. Who creates Models? Models can be created by any user in the platform who has appropriate and granted access
3. Who performs Administration tasks like creating users/groups? We generally recommend appointing a client administrator(s) to perform this duty.
4. Who performs Simulations, etc using Audience Lab? Audience Lab tests can be created by any user who has appropriate access; this could be a client end user, agency or client admin.
5. Who performs Report Creations? This is just drag and drop work. Reports are generally used by all end users of the platform. Though, the audience optimization reports may show limited information depending on an end users level of access.
6. Who performs Data Security and Privacy? Typically privacy inquires are requested by the client administrator.
7. if we want to buy/sell audiences, we use Audience Marketplace. Who works on this? All users can search for feeds but only administrators can create or buy feeds.
8. Who performs Profile Linking? We recommend this be done by the administrator(s) since profile merge rules have large scale implications for platform functionality
9. Apart from these activities, what are the high level activities involved in a typical AAM Implementation? Please see this getting started guide: Implementation Overview
For Audience Manager, usually the implementation teams work on following items:
Deploying AAM data collection scripts
Setting up integrations with Analytics tools
Setting up integrations with DSPs, Ad Servers, etc.
When Audience Manager starts to collect data, the Marketers can see the data points that are being captured in the Unused Signals report. Based on that, the marketers usually can traits and segments on their own without relying on the IT Teams.