Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Wrong Page Views were received for WeChat Mini-Program

Level 3

We checked our implement for many times, and we can make sure we use trackState to send the pv and trackAction for the action for sure.

However, we received the page views and the actions at the same time with the same hit-id. I think that might because the trackAction will sent as PV and Action at the same time. 

DebbyNPL_3-1644497579699.png

And I check the rawdata by the Data Feeds, and finded those 4 actions, and for those 4 actions, their page event were all record as "10", service "pe", so I don't know why it still recorded as Page Views in Adobe Analytics.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear DebbyNPL,

From the application/page, you can add PageName to your trackAction call, however it will be ignored by Adobe while it collects the data. But if you inject the pageName again using Processing Rules after the data collection, then Adobe has no choice and thus it has to consider the Hit as Page View or tractState.

To eradicate this, add proper conditions to the pageName rule in Processing Rule. Don't just set PageName, if pageName is set in the servercall, rather set PageName only if PageName is set and LinkTrackCall is not set or something like that (Just given an example).

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear DebbyNPL,

It is something to do with Processing Rules. If you are setting Page Name in Processing Rules with some condition and if the condition is matching for trackAction, trackAction will be translated into trackState i.e. Non Page View will be translated into Page View because you are injecting Page Name to it. Your data feed is after processing rules and thus you are seeing the result in datafeed as well. Checkout your processing rules!

Level 3

Very Thanks for your reply.

Kindly ask you that do you mean that the actions can not send/contains the page nema context data at the same time, if i use the processing rules? If the actions servercall contains the page name it will be see as a PV?

Do you know how to solve this problem by asjust the settings in AA? We have already write the code to send the page name with the action for over hundres of pages and actions....

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear DebbyNPL,

From the application/page, you can add PageName to your trackAction call, however it will be ignored by Adobe while it collects the data. But if you inject the pageName again using Processing Rules after the data collection, then Adobe has no choice and thus it has to consider the Hit as Page View or tractState.

To eradicate this, add proper conditions to the pageName rule in Processing Rule. Don't just set PageName, if pageName is set in the servercall, rather set PageName only if PageName is set and LinkTrackCall is not set or something like that (Just given an example).

Level 3

Understood!

It's really helpful, very appriciate for your help.

Wish you have a very nice day.

Community Advisor

Nice to hear,

Note that PageName and PageURL stand valid in the case.

Go through the link once : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/processing-rules/processing-rule...

It has the details.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

Level 4

Hey @DebbyNPL Do you have any VISTA rules or processing rules which are changing the data ? First Processing Rules and then Vista Rules are applied before you see data in Adobe Analytics, check the full processing order here : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/processing-rules/processing-rule...